Saturday, January 15, 2011

Butter Dips (Easy Biscuits)

I love trying new recipes especially the ones I find on other cooking blogs. I like seeing real pictures of the recipes that people have cooked and not pictures of what a cook book has manipulated different things to show you what it should look like. One of my favorite cooking blogs is Plain Chicken she has lots of recipes I want to try out so you will see me linking to her a lot. My first attempt at one of her recipes is a pretty simple one. It's an easy biscuit recipe. I think this is the first recipe I've tried were I actually already had all the ingredients on hand! I was so excited about that.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 & 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 2/3 to 1 cup buttermilk or milk


Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Cut the butter into small pieces and place them in a 8-inch square microwave safe baking dish. Put the dish in the microwave to melt the butter.



While the butter is melting mix the dry ingredients together then stir in 2/3 cup of milk and mix together to form a loose dough. You can add more milk up to 1 cup as needed. Remove dish from microwave and press dough over the melted butter. Using a knife cut the biscuits into 9 or 12 pieces.



Bake for 12-15 minutes




Then serve it up! Trace and Noah loved them.




No comments:

Post a Comment